Sunday, January 12, 2014

Riding 4 Reform

Dear Friends,

Hopping back on my bike for the first long ride in over two months is daunting. I knew I might fall, struggle, or even be forced to walk my bike up a more steep incline. But I also knew that I would finish the ride, not giving up or wavering in my determination.

I rode 49 kilometers today (about 30 miles) and can already feel it in my body, just two hours later. Yet I am proud of that accomplishment and the knowledge that I will be ready for the Ride 4 Reform in just a few short months.

The ride will take place March 23-27 and is a 5 day, 50km a day challenge. Having participated in it last year, I know that it is a wonderful combination of my two favorite things: riding and Judaism. The ride is done in conjunction with the Israeli Movement for Progressive Judaism (the IMPJ), with which I have come in close contact this past year. After searching for five months for a place to pray and feel at home Jewishly, I finally found a place that works for me. Unbeknownst to me, it would not exist without the financial support of the IMPJ. To learn more about the IMPJ and Progressive Judaism in Israel, see: http://www.reform.org.il/Eng/About/WhoAreWe.asp

You may be asking: so where do I come in? The answer is this: you can help me in supporting the community to which I now belong. I would not feel at home without the help of the IMPJ, and the ride directly supports them.

Therefore, I ask for your help. Each rider needs to raise at least $2,500 in order to participate in the ride. Please consider donating, even as little as $5, or as much as $500! Every little bit is a step closer to my goal! The following link will take you to easy to use instructions on how to donate: http://riding4reform.org/Eng/2014/Pages/PaymentInstructions.asp#CreditCardDonations

Thank you for your support,

Elana

No comments:

Post a Comment