Friday, June 13, 2014

Breathing!

This week's parsha, shelach, BaMidbar 13:1-15:41 deserves a fair representation as one of the parshiot in the Torah. It's definitely interesting, containing the third paragraph of the veahavta as well as the spies going into Israel and seeing how wodnerful it is (and of course then telling the spies who then lied to the people that they are not allowed to enter the land, but that Moses and Caleb will).

Needless to say, we have some interesting stuff. But just as Moses was sometimes told to do something and not question God, I too experience that. In fact, this week that happened so often I've barely had a chance to breathe. I'm sAtisfied with the week, but like Joshua and Caleb, I cannot wait to enter the promised land, as Caleb suggests in 14:30 that the people can fight the amalekites and should just go and figh them right away, straight to Israel. But, just as Caleb is rejected, I too have been told to wait. So it's been a week filled with waiting, with stress and difficulty, but Shabbat has almost arrived, And with it, my taste of the promised land.

With that, I wish everyone Shabbat shalom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment