Monday, July 9, 2012

Stories: Who are we and how do we present ourselves?

Tell me a story," she said by my side.
I opened my mouth, where out came a sigh:
"But where shall I start, my story is wide"
She responded, "However, just don't you lie"
 
I thought for a moment, indeed I did think,
With what should I start, of course not the kitchen sink!
Serious for a moment, I stood there in awe,
The many directions all of a sudden I saw.
 
Alas I did ramble, out came my tale,
Curiously framed by what might come in the mail.
A series of letters, words, sentences and more,
Flew out from my mouth, hopefully not a bore.
 
14 people, a million stories. Which one will they tell?
Before I knew it, the story was spun,
My heart was lain wide and the tale was done.
I'd opened my mouth, and with it my heart,
Oddly enough I'd told only part.
 
Of adventures and moves, and health problems galore,
However my travels didn't capture the core,
Who I am changes with each new soul,
Although I am sure I can remain whole.
 
No matter the telling, who is being entertained,
The story flows forth, it cannot be contained.
With just one word, the entire plot is deterred,
Only to bring with it another, just as preferred.
 
Important to remember, most awesome to know,
The person I am she truly does glow.
I'm open and happy, proud, hopeful and strong,
Come listen at my door, I won't steer you wrong!
3.7.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment