Friday, June 15, 2012

Learning, Lounging and Living

I’ve slept at Jeff, Nicole, and Ted’s apartment more times than I’ve spent in my own bed. This has nothing to do with not liking Mariel, or disliking my bed (okay, it has a little to do with that), but more to do with these three individuals. All three are incredibly caring, warm people. They have a sharp wit, full of sarcastic remarks but also profound thoughts. The late night conversations the three of them engage in deeply resonate with me, pushing my thoughts to higher and better things. I feel elevated around them, as though I am capable of more things. Every conversation they have, whether I am participant or observer, I come away with a different view on life, or at least a new perspective on a traditional topic. No matter the hour, they are willing to begin a verbal spar, because most likely the opinions are opposing, but the end result is concurrance. That atmosphere is a hard one to cultivate and is definitely one I am drawn to. Most likely, I crave intellectual stimulation, and since I spent so much time searching for it instead of accepting those around me who would actively aid me in it, I need to re-learn how to spark it and therefore participate in it. These three individuals have helped me find a portal for introspection and ideology, self-respect, representation and conversational prowess that I both didn’t know I possessed and wasn’t sure I would ever find.

No comments:

Post a Comment