Friday, June 22, 2012

Protect the President

Walking home from the other apartment this morning, I had to walk down Balfour and saw very interesting things happening. Now, half of Balfour is like a normal street, but half of it is where the Prime Minister lives. Therefore they have to make sure the street is safe and all that jazz (although they seem to be attempting to build half the street for more people in the government, so very few people actually live there).
Anyway, this morning I was walking home and they were checking the street. There was a guy checking under a covered car, who seemed to be looking for a bomb or something. Another guy was walking in with what looked like a black lab, presumably to check the street for bombs. Although I've seen a lot of people there early in the morning, this was even more than normal. Ahh, a day in the life of the prime minister!
The best was as I was walking down I saw a monk walking toward the exit to his monastery to the street. I love that the monastery is right next to the prime ministers house! The whole situation is made better by it!
A few days ago I also saw a great thing! Two limos were following a regular police car, followed by a giant SUV. The SUV and limos surprised me, because cars in this country are generally smaller and shorter than American cars. Anyway, it was just surprising to me! Plus the limos had police lights on top! It was likely headed to the prime ministers house, but who knows. I felt special to see it (although I know it was just my timing...)

No comments:

Post a Comment